Also on this page:
|No. of students :||Maximum 105 students|
|Duration:||Approx. 3-4 hours, including lunch and recess.|
|Cost per student:||$24 per student. No GST. Accompanying adults free.|
|Bookings available:||Monday to Friday|
- A confirmation will be emailed to confirm dates and times booked.
- A detailed excursion plan will be emailed in the term prior to your visit.
- We recommend that the students eat morning tea on arrival as they’re usually hungry and the sessions can then be run uninterrupted.
- A maximum of two parents/carers per class can accompany an excursion. There is no limit on staff numbers.
- We ask that at least two helpers accompany each school group in Terms 2 and 3 to supervise the toasting activity, with a maximum of two per class. These can be parents, carers or extra staff.
Schools are advised to book as early as possible to secure a date. Most schools book a term or two terms ahead. Bookings are taken in order of receipt. We do not take tentative bookings.
We usually have a two class minimum of 44 students per booking. This doesn’t usually apply to schools for students with additional needs. We can occasionally accommodate single class bookings – email us to check availability.
Visit fees fund staffing, collection management and conservation works and are our sole funding source.
Please check the calendar for available dates and email the NSW Schoolhouse Museum to request dates and confirm availability. Include:
- preferred dates
- your school
- number of classes
- number of students
- postal address and phone number.
Risk Management Advice and COVID-19 Safety Plan
Risk management advice (updated 21 March 2023)
Schoolhouse Education COVID-19 Safety Checklist (updated 27 January 2023)
Risk management advice for At School At War excursion (updated March 2021 – program paused 2023)
Schools must bring their own hand sanitiser, first aid kit and emergency medications for their students. All museum staff are trained in e-Emergency, anaphylaxis and emergency asthma procedures. An EpiPen, first aid kit and Ventolin reliever is located on site.
White bread and golden syrup are used for toasting. Download images of the ingredient panels and packages.Schools should supply alternative bread for students with special dietary requirements.
Students with coeliac disease will be able to toast their own gluten free bread first using clean equipment.
Confirmed bookings cancelled within four school-term weeks (28 days) before the booked date will incur a $500 administration fee. This does not apply to cancellations due to extreme weather, last minute bus company cancellations or COVID-19.
Cancellations due to unexpected changed risks, requirements and restrictions due to COVID-19 will not incur a cancellation fee. Please provide as much notice as possible as casual staff have been allocated to work on your excursion days.