Also on this page:
|No. of students :||Maximum 105 students|
|Duration:||Approx. 3-4 hours, including lunch and recess.|
|Cost per student:||$18 per student. No GST. Accompanying adults free.|
|Bookings available:||Monday to Friday|
- We ask that two parent or carer helpers accompany each class in Terms 2 and 3 to supervise the toasting activity
- Grandparents are welcome – we love their stories!
- A detailed excursion plan will be emailed on confirmation of your visit
- We recommend that the students eat morning tea on arrival as they’re usually hungry and the sessions can then be run uninterrupted
Schools are advised to book as early as possible to secure a date. Most schools book a term or two terms ahead. Bookings are taken in order of receipt.
We usually have a two class minimum of 44 students for bookings. This doesn’t usually apply to classes of students with additional needs. For mainstream single class bookings, we try to book in another one or two classes. If we can’t, we usually need to charge an additional fee to cover our costs. This may also apply to bookings under 44 students. This is negotiated at the time of booking.
Visit fees fund staffing, collection management and conservation works and are our sole funding source.
Please check the calendar for available dates and email us your preferred dates, grade and numbers of students, arrival time and contact details.
COVID-19 related modifications (as at 7 October 2020) – we have some booking modifications in place for the safety of staff and students and to meet current NSW Department of Education COVID-19 guidelines. For bookings:
- we will only have one school on site at any one time
- we currently cannot have parents or carers accompany excursion groups, unless essential to support particular students.
Risk Management Advice and COVID-19 Safety Plan
Risk Management Advice (updated Oct 2020)
Schoolhouse Education COVID-19 Safety Plan (updated Oct 2020)
Schools must bring their own hand sanitiser, first aid kit and emergency medications for their students. All museum staff are trained in e-Emergency, anaphylaxis and emergency asthma procedures. An Epi-Pen, first aid kit and Ventolin reliever is located on site. White bread and golden syrup are used for toasting.
Any confirmed booking that is cancelled within 14 school-term days of the visit will incur a $200 cancellation fee.
Cancellations due to unexpected changed risks, requirements and restrictions due to COVID-19 will not incur a cancellation fee. Please provide as much notice as possible as it impacts our staff and costs.