- About the NSW Schoolhouse Museum
- Early School Days
- How to Play Fly
- Chants and Rhymes
- Copperplate Lettering
- Jelly Pad Recipe
- short videos showcasing objects in our collection
- narrated pages from early readers
- ‘How to’ videos of games and crafts of school days past.
Email your order
- Include your postal address.
- Include invoice contact details.
- Personal orders – payment only by direct deposit.
- School or educational institution – an invoice will be issued for payment through your accounting systems. A purchase order number is required from public schools.
Postage price guide
- 1 to 3 pen and ink sets or 1 to 3 copy books – $2.50
- 4 to 8 copy books – $3.80
- 4 to 20 pen and ink sets or 9 to 15 copy books – $9.40
- 20 to 60 pen and ink sets – $12.75
For larger quantities, a mix of items or Express Post we will advise postage prices once items are ordered.
Pre and Post Visit
- Social Story – Stage 1 pre-visit social story in an inclusive format
- Daily Life Past and Present – Stage 1 unit of work, includes School Life Past and Present (Inquiry 2), with sources and activities, NSW Department of Education
- Pre and Post Visit Suggestions – a list of ideas
- How Times Change – best watched after your visit, this digital teaching and learning resource features the NSW Schoolhouse Museum of Public Education. Note: Please view after your visit as it does spoil some of the surprises if watched before.
- Teacher Guides and Analysis Tools – scaffolds for analysing primary sources, Library of Congress
- Using Primary Sources in the classroom – Library of Congress
- History K-6 Sample Learning Sequences – units of learning including sources and activities, NSW Department of Education
- Guide to Using Picture Books in History K-10 – comprehensive listing of suggested picture books with learning activities, NSW Department of Education
- History for those New to Teaching the Subject – explanations and strategies for teaching history, NSW Department of Education
- History K-10 Syllabus – NSW syllabus for the Australian Curriculum, NESA NSW