Pre and Post Visit
- Pre and Post Visit Learning resource – online resource with activities to support your visit
- Social Story – Stage 1 pre-visit social story
- Objects of School Days Past – online resource with images and information on over 100 objects in the Schoolhouse Museum’s collection.
- School Days of Long Ago – learning from home resource. Can support a visit but best used afterwards as it can spoil some surprises.
- Daily Life Past and Present – Stage 1 unit of work, includes School Life Past and Present (Inquiry 2), NSW Department of Education
- How Times Change – best watched after your visit, features the NSW Schoolhouse Museum of Public Education. Note – please view after your visit as it does spoil some of the surprises if watched before.
Oral Histories and Stories
Collection stories – the human stories behind some of our objects
- About the NSW Schoolhouse Museum
- Early School Days
- How to Play Fly
- Chants and Rhymes
- Copperplate Lettering
- Jellypad Recipe
- Objects of School Days Past – featuring objects in the Schoolhouse Museum’s collection with a page per object. Each page contains images, information and related objects.
- Teacher Guides and Analysis Tools – scaffolds for analysing primary sources, Library of Congress
- Using Primary Sources in the classroom – Library of Congress
- History K-6 Sample Learning Sequences – units of learning including sources and activities, NSW Department of Education
- Guide to Using Picture Books in History K-10 – comprehensive listing of suggested picture books with learning activities, NSW Department of Education
- History for those New to Teaching the Subject – explanations and strategies for teaching history, NSW Department of Education
- History K-10 Syllabus – NSW syllabus for the Australian Curriculum, NESA NSW
History of Education
- Photo Galleries
- Collection Stories
- History of Education in NSW
- NSW Public Schools, WW1 and the Anzacs
- History of North Ryde
- North Ryde Public School
- Museums Sector