|No. of students :||Maximum 100 students (90 for At School At War)|
|Duration:||Approx. 3-4 hours, including lunch and recess|
|Cost per student:||$15 per student. No GST. Accompanying adults free.|
|Bookings available:||Monday to Friday|
- For 3 and 4 classes part of the outdoor session is partly teacher-led.
- We ask that two parent helpers accompany each class in Terms 2 and 3 to assist with the toasting activity.
- Grandparents are welcome – we love their stories!
- A visit plan and resource links will be emailed on confirmation of your visit.
- We recommend that the students eat morning tea on arrival. They’re usually hungry and the sessions can then be run uninterrupted.
Schools are advised to book as early as possible to secure a date. Most schools book about a term ahead. Bookings are taken in order of receipt.
We usually have a two class (44 students) minimum for bookings. This doesn’t apply to special needs classes. For mainstream single class bookings, we try to book in another one or two classes. If we can’t, we may need to charge an additional fee to cover our costs. This may also apply to bookings under 44 students. This is negotiated at the time of booking.
Visit fees fund staffing, collection management and conservation works and are our primary funding source.
Please check the calendar for available dates and email us your preferred dates, grade and numbers of students, arrival time and contact details.
Risk Management Advice
Schools must bring their own first aid kit and emergency medications for their students. All museum staff are trained in e-Emergency, anaphylaxis and emergency asthma procedures. An Epi-Pen, first aid kit and Ventolin reliever is located on site. White bread and golden syrup are used for toasting.
Any confirmed booking that is cancelled within 14 days of the visit will incur a $100 cancellation fee.